The Castello di Gabbiano predates the Tower of Pisa. Construction began atop a hill in Northern Tuscany in 1124. The original 12th century tower of the Castello was intended to overlook and protect the road, which came from Siena and continued on to Florence. It has been the home and refuge of distinguished Florentine families and continues to be a popular Tuscan destination. Throughout the centuries, the Castello underwent several structural renovations, the most recent being in 1999, starting a new era for the Castello di Gabbiano.
The original Castello shows evidence of a wine cellar, proving wine had been made there since its creation.
Our winemaker, Giancarlo Roman, creates wines that reflect the uniqueness of the Tuscan region. He has worked in Tuscany for nearly 30 years and has been associated with Castello di Gabbiano since 1990. Giancarlo's winemaking philosophy and goal at Castello di Gabbiano is to maximize the quality in the vineyards and produce wines that are true to their origins. Our 250 acre home vineyard is the key source of our Riserva wine portfolio.
Taste the true spirit and flavors of Tuscany in every glass of Castello di Gabbiano wines.